A list of 10 great podcasts for hours and hours of listening. Choose to play an entire season or pick out relevant episodes for a specific task.
1. How Stuff Works.com (KS2 and KS3)
Join the hosts as they answer some of life’s burning questions through humorous and factual discussions.
2. Quick and Dirty Tips (KS3)
- Grammar Girl – Grammar Girl provides short, friendly tips to improve your writing.
- Math Dude – The Math Dude makes understanding maths easier and more fun.
- Everyday Einstein – You’ll never fear science again with Everyday Einstein on your side.
3. Knowledge Collection (KS2 and KS3)
- National Geographic Weekend – A weekly talk show featuring interviews with some of the most fascinating explorers and scientists on the planet.
- Natural History Museum First Friday – A series of lectures at the Natural History Museum.
4. TED Talks Kids and Family (KS2 and KS3)
Fun videos to inspire, intrigue and stir your imagination from some of the world’s leading thinkers and doers onstage at the TED conference.
5. The Narrative Breakdown (KS2 and KS3)
Tips and techniques of interest to any writer, student, or fan of quality prose fiction, screenplays, plays, English literature, etc.
6. Children’s Literature
- Aesop’s Fables (KS1 and KS2) – Forty of Aesop’s best-loved fables, including The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse, The Hare and the Tortoise and the Lion and the Mouse. Each story has been specially adapted for a young audience.
- Barefoot Books (KS1 and KS2) – Discover a weekly selection of award-winning children’s stories and songs from Barefoot Books.
- The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd (KS2) – Join Dr. Floyd as he tries to thwart the plans of his evil arch nemesis, Dr. Steve, all the while learning about the people and events that shaped the history of the Earth.
7. Sesame Street (Pre-School)
The Sesame Street Podcast is a series of free portable video episodes featuring Murray Monster and all your other favorite Sesame Street Muppets.
8. Scottish Learners Early/First Level and Second Level (KS1 and KS2)
Radio programmes for children and teachers in Scottish primary schools (1st and 2nd Level), all designed for the Curriculum for Excellence and intended to be used as part of an active learning experience: to get children listening, thinking, talking and doing.
9. Story Pirates (KS1, KS2 and KS3)
Story Pirates is a group of world-class actors, comedians, improvisers and musicians who adapt stories written by kids into sketch comedy and musical theater.