Over 500 flash cards for helping students choose a career path.
Introducing the Career Exploration Flash Cards – the ultimate tool for students to discover and explore a wide range of professions.
The resource has been designed specifically for students who are looking to gain insights into various career paths by quickly matching up their skills and interests with appropriate jobs.
The pack includes 505 individual cards (3 to a page) with each one displaying the job category, title, overview, key skills needed and some useful subjects. This was compiled using information from both the UK and Scottish government websites.
The cards are categorised into groups listed below:
- Administration, business and management
- Alternative therapies
- Animals, land and environment
- Computing and ICT
- Construction and building
- Design, arts and crafts
- Education and training
- Facilities and property services
- Financial services
- Garage services
- Hairdressing and beauty
- Heritage, culture and libraries
- Hospitality, catering and tourism
- Legal and court services
- Manufacturing and production
- Performing arts and media
- Print and publishing, marketing and advertising
- Retail and customer services
- Science, mathematics and statistics
- Security, uniformed and protective services
- Social sciences and religion
- Social work and caring services
- Sport and leisure
- Transport, distribution and logistics
One of the major benefits of using these flash cards is the opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge and awareness of various jobs. The cards provide a quick and easy way to scan through multiple careers without meticulously researching each one individually.
The cards are compact and easily portable, making them perfect for on-the-go learning. They can be used in a variety of settings, such as in the classroom, at home, or during study sessions with friends.
Finally, you might notice that the cards can be folded in half – displaying the job on one side and the key skills on the reverse. This adds some versatility when researching as students can match-up skills and interests first before flipping the card over to reveal the chosen job.